Competitive Salary | Full time - Permanent | United Kingdom
Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group UK & Ireland
Rhomberg Sersa are one of Europe’s leading rail infrastructure engineering companies providing specialist services to both public and private infrastructure owners. In addition to our European presence, our services extend globally where we have offices in Canada, Australia, and the Middle East. We are a family owned business with over 100 years’ experience, we value hard work, innovation, family values, and great customer service.
We have a rare and exciting newly created opportunity for a BIM Manager to join our dynamic and innovative team to help drive our business forward. You will be at the forefront of “transforming construction”, and proactively participate in an innovative UK funded initiative.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Design and deliver a strategic BIM Implementation Plan for the UK business
- Develop and maintain BIM Protocols and Standards to ISO19650
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the BIM, with an initial focus on Bid support
- Cost calculations for Bid support (5D)
- Maintain BIM level 2 Protocol compliance within IMS and certification
- Track and report on the progress of the project implementation
- Research, develop, implement and review new ways of working which will benefit the company increasing efficiency, reducing cost, improve quality, sustainability and aiming for Zero Harm;
- Reality Modelling
- Construction planning and sequencing for risk reduction and execution rehearsal (4D)
- BIM to Engineering Analysis workflows
- Visualisation of models, sequence, and data
- Member of the Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group companywide BIM Implementation team
- Represent Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group in the Innovate UK funded project on Transforming Construction
- Contribute to the RSRG global Strategic BIM initiative covering Austria, Germany, Switzerland, UK, and Australia
- Support the deployment of RSRG global strategic BIM Pathfinders projects within the UK
We are looking for the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Hold a BSc, MSc, BEng, MEng, HND/HDC or be qualified by experience with an understanding and proven delivery of building or civil engineering schemes or managing multiple schemes in a sector; railway engineering an advantage
- Lead and inspire technical ability with the use of digital software applications to mentor, coach and train others;
- Proven track record in design and construction
- Have experience in IT within multiple digital processes;
- Entrepreneurial mindset, resilience, and flexibility
- A strong communicator and a proven ability to build positive working relationships, internally/externally across all levels of management
- Confident and assertive to enable challenges to be overcome and risks escalated.
- German language an advantage
You will be based out of our office in Doncaster, with the flexibility to work from home for part of the week. For the right candidate, Manchester or Derby can be considered. There will be regular travel involved to support projects across the UK and Ireland and you may be required to travel to Europe to participate in the Global BIM initiative.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to UKRecruitment(at)rsrg.com or by post to
Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group
Unit 2, Sarah Court Yorkshire Way
Yorkshire and the Humber
Please mark your correspondence as confidential with reference UKRecrutiment-BIM-190128.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation and actively encourage applications from women, Armed Forces personnel, veterans, and reservists.
We will only accept direct applications and do not accept or reply to CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies.
Application closing date is 12th April 2019.